Do you often feel like you have foggy brain? Do you want to burn fat but not sure where to start? Do you believe there is a correlation between foggy brain and waist line?
According to SteadyMD.com, Brain fog is the inability to have a sharp memory or to lack a sharp focus. You just really feel like you’re not yourself and you’re unable to think clearly (1) and look[ing] at your thyroid and gut health, all of which are potential causes of brain fog (2).
Healthline shares how important the human gut is more complex than previously thought and has a huge impact on whole-body health. A healthy gut contributes to a strong immune system, heart health, brain health, improved mood, healthy sleep, and effective digestion, and it may help prevent some cancers and autoimmune diseases. There are a number of lifestyle changes you can make to positively affect your gut health and your overall health as a result (3).
Six Key things to do to get control of your weight and brain fog:
1) Get plenty of sleep - Are you getting enough sleep? It is recommended that Adults get 7 or. more hours of sleep each night! When was the last time you actually kept up with a solid 7 hour sleep routine. Just as people set an alarm clock to get up in the morning. Set an alarm in the evening 30 minutes before bedtime that reminds you to start your "good night happy morning routine."
2) Get in control of your Gut Health - Get on the probiotic train wagon. I am a firm believer of probiotics to help with your gut health. Some people reach to yogurt as a source of probiotics. I personally have experienced more inflammation in the body due to lactose in yogurt. I use an excellent probiotic sticks that I put in my water that is flavorless and is stable outside of the fridge. Great to keep in my purse or travel with. Reach out to me if you have questions about what I take and maybe I can recommend it for you.
3) Eat nutritious Whole Foods - How processed or refined are the foods that you are consuming? Need some ideas for healthy recipes that focus on fat burning foods that will help you lose weight and get your metabolism fueled. Available for purchase a Fat Burning Recipe Book for all your cooking needs that has quick recipes that are wholesome to help burn fat.
4) Fuel up Supplemention - Not everyone has easy access to Fish or wants to eat it daily. I use a Balanced Health Omega supplement that contains DHA and EPA Omega 3s and Vitamin E which is equivalent to 3 servings of Sea Fish. I also take a Memory Builder Supplement that has Ginkgo biloba which supports short-term memory and brain health and Cistanche to improve memory, focus, and recall.
5) Need Water Hydration - Drinking plenty of water can significantly affect energy levels and brain functions. According to Healthline:
- Your brain is strongly influenced by your hydration status.
- Studies show that even mild dehydration, such as the loss of 1–3% of body weight, can impair many aspects of brain function.
- In a study in young women, researchers found that fluid loss of 1.4% after exercise impaired both mood and concentration. It also increased the frequency of headaches.
- Many members of this same research team conducted a similar study in young men. They found that fluid loss of 1.6% was detrimental to working memory and increased feelings of anxiety and fatigue.
- A fluid loss of 1–3% equals about 1.5–4.5 pounds (0.5–2 kg) of body weight loss for a person weighing 150 pounds (68 kg). This can easily occur through normal daily activities, let alone during exercise or high heat.(4)
6) Exercise for the Body and Brain. Getting the heart pumping increase blood flow to the body and the brain. It increases heart rate, which pumps more oxygen to the brain. It aids the release of hormones which provide an excellent environment for the growth of brain cells. Exercise also promotes brain plasticity by stimulating growth of new connections between cells in many important cortical areas of the brain (5).